Mittwoch, Januar 6

roadsigns

I have a strange hobby. When I`m on holiday I collect photos of signs with wild animals on. In especial road signs -which actually should prevent drivers from killing those animals. Or sometimes to prevent animals from killing car - drivers (if you think of moose). Some of my friends know of my special interest and even take pictures for me from strange signs and send them to me.
Thats where sign 1 comes from. My mate Vollmoh took it somewhere in Nova Scotia, Canada. As we know moose in Canada get bigger than their relatives in Europe. This one really looks massive:The second pic is the classical picture of everyone doing a roadtrip through the bush in Down Under. We took it when we drove along the Great Ocean Road. I still remember the nasty smell of rotten kangoroos near that sign. Unfortounately roadtrains don`t brake for these cute animals:

The third picture I took just 20 meters behind the German Border when we drove back from Poland to the German island Usedom. To be honest, in comparison to road signs with rows on it, Ottersigns are very rarely seen on German roads.

Sign 4 is a little bit exotic again. To my surprise when I drove through Norway 2006 just 200 km north of Oslo a sign warned us against Muskox. I always thought they live farer up in the north:
For the fifth pic we have to go around the world again. I shot (the pic) it in Tasmania, at the north west coast near a coastal city Stanley wher suddenly penguins lived near the roads.
At all, Australia is the place to be to take strange animal sign pics due to their unique fauna. Also in Tasmania, but in the South East near Port Arthur, I found that sign. Yep. Wombats Crossing!
I keep my eyes open!

To add:

To add II:

The mooses` european relatives. Much smaller!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen